It is my great pleasure to welcome all of you to the 4th Tbilisi Silk Road Forum “Connecting Today, Resilient Tomorrow” which will take place in Tbilisi on October 26 -27, 2023. This important event will gather up to 2000 delegates, high-ranking officials, as well as business representatives from over 60 countries.
Logistics & Travel
TRANSPORTATION AND AIRPORT TRANSFER
Please note that Forum dedicated airport transfer shuttles will be available from October 25 to October 28. The shuttles will be serving all Forum hotels and locations listed below. If you are not staying in one of the official hotels of the Event, the final shuttle stop will be at the Biltmore Hotel Tbilisi. Should you consider using Forum airport transfer services, please consult the Forum Information Desk in the luggage claim area of Tbilisi International Airport. Airport Information
The transportation services will be available at all locations during the Forum days of October 26-27. The transportation services from official hotels of the Event will also be available to dinner locations on October 25-26. Please consult the departure schedules at the Forum Information Desks at the official hotels of the Event below.
For major concerns regarding logistics and transportation please call send mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
BADGE COLLECTING POINT
Badges can be collected at The Biltmore Hotel (29. Shota Rustaveli Ave.) Starting at 01:00, on October 24.
Transportation to the airport; as well as to the forum venue will be provided from the hotels below. For reservations and special rates please use the links below:
- Courtyard Marriott - Book your group rate for Tbilisi Silk Road Forum 2023
- The Biltmore Hotel Tbilisi - Silk Road Forum Tbilisi 2023
- Tbilisi Marriott - Book your group rate for Tbilisi Silk Road Forum 2023
- Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel - Book your group rate for Tbilisi Silk Road Forum 2023
- Stamba Hotel - Book your group rate for Tbilisi Silk Road Forum 2023
- Moxy Tbilisi - Book your group rate for Tbilisi Silk Road Forum 2023
- Rooms Hotel Tbilisi - Book your group rate for Tbilisi Silk Road Forum 2023
Valid passports are required for visitors of all nationalities. Different visa regimes are in place for different countries.
The list of countries that require visa
The list of countries that do not require visa and other exemptions
Visa information and e-visa portal
Diplomatic Missions of Georgia Abroad
Climate: Average October temperature: daytime: +19.9° C (+68° F); nighttime: +9.4° C (+49° F)
Electricity: Electrical current – 220 Volts, 50 Hz. EU standard plugs work throughout Geor¬gia.
Time Zone: GET (UTC+4)
ATMs as well as exchange desks are available in all areas of Tbilisi as well as most towns outside Tbilisi. Major hotels, restaurants and businesses accept all major credit cards.COMMUNICATIONS
The country code is +995 and the area code for Tbilisi is 322. Georgian mobile operators (Silknet, MagtiCom and Bee¬line) cover almost the whole territory of the country and there are many WI-FI zones that enable visitors to use the in¬ternet for free.
BY AIR - Direct flights to Tbilisi are available from many European and Asian cities. Non-stop flights can be taken from Brussels, Paris ,Amsterdam ,Berlin, Munich, Frank¬furt, Riga, Vienna, Rome, Prague, Warsaw, Athens, Tsessaloniki, Ankara, Istanbul, ABU-Dhabi, Dubai, Doha, Tel-Aviv, Deli, Baku, Erevan, Bucharest, Larnaca, Kiev, Kishinev, Kuwait, Alma-Ata, Nur Sultan, Tashkent, Aktau, Bahrain , Urumqi.
BY TRAIN - Georgia is connected to Armenia and Azerbaijan. Trains from Baku are avail¬able every day and for more informa¬tion and timetables, please visit www.railway.ge
HEALTH AND EMERGENCY SERVICES
As with any travel, the possession of travel insurance is strongly advised. For the emergency services please call 112, which is 24 hour emergency response center, under the Georgian Ministry of Internal Affairs. The number can be dialed from mobile and fixed phones, even if there is no balance or SIM card in the phone. All calls to number “112” are free of charge. We suggest that participants bring medications which they take regularly. We request the participants to notify the Forum organizers immediately in case of illness.
In case an individual brings prescription drugs or psychotropic substances to the country for personal use he/she must provide English translation of the following documents certified by relevant authorities of their home country:
- a copy of the prescription
- a copy of prescribing doctor's license
- a certificate of authenticity of the doctor’s license
It is allowed to bring 10 standard doses of necessary medication to the country for personal use only. In case an individual needs more than 10 doses of treatment the medication is brought into the country on basis of a) medical documentation; b) calculation of daily dosage of treatment; c) number of days of the visit.
FINANCIAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE ARRANGEMENTS
The Forum organizers will be responsible for Forum related transportation (between airport and major hotels, between venues and major hotels), as well as all Forum related activities, including coffee, lunches and dinners during the event days.
For all participants (including those for whom the costs are covered by organizers), the organizers will not assume responsibility for any other expenditure, including the following:
1. All expenses in the home country incidental to travel abroad, including expenditures for visas, medical examination, inoculations and other miscellaneous items and internal travel to and from the airport of arrival and departure in the home country;
2. Salary and related allowances for the participants during the period of the meeting;
3. Costs incurred by participants in respect of travel, accident and medical insurance, medical bills or hospitalization fees in connection with attending the meeting;
4. Compensation in the event of death or disability of participants in connection with attending the meeting;
5. Any loss of or damage to personal property of participants while attending the meeting or losses or damages claimed by third parties as a result of any negligence on the part of the participants;
6. Any other expenses of personal nature, not directly related to the purpose of the meeting.